CALL OR STOP BY FOR A TOUR AND TO PICK YOUR PERFECT VENDOR SPACE
ALL INDOOR SPACES $1.75 PER SQUARE FOOT. Plus 8% commission to help offset credit card, advertising, utitlies and general overhead cost. We have a beautiful 100+ year old building full of historic charm, a public restroom, and clean inviting environment for your customers.
All types of vendors welcome. Antiques, Boutiques, Clothing, Collectibles, Crafters, Etc.
We are currently full, but will keep this page updated if/when spaces become available. Call today to be placed on our waiting list! We do have display cases available for smaller items or valuables if that is something you are interested in.
Indoor spaces are available for antiques, crafts, boutique items and more. Our 100+ year old building is full of historic charm that you cant get anywhere else.
All items sold through indoor booth rentals must go through HSE's inventory POS system. NO EXCEPTIONS
1. The minimum length of this space agreement is (3) months.We require 30 days’ notice if you choose not to renew your space agreement. Automatic space agreement renewal is available.
2. First months rent and deposit equal to 1/2 rent is due at the time of signing the space agreement.
3.We offer each vendor the opportunity to check their account sales online. That way, you will have access to your sales figures 24/7. Each account will be password protected. Ask for details.
4. No items are to be sold directly to any customer by any vendor on premises. All booth sales MUST go through HSE.
5. We collect and remit sales tax for the vendors.
6. Vendor sales are totaled each month. Rent will be deducted from your sales account automatically at/about the end of each month. Any monies over amount(s) due will be issued in the form of a business check. Payment checks should be ready by the 10th day of the following month (barring printer and/or computer problems). Vendors must pick up their checks in person. Only the person(s) whose name is on the rental agreement may pick up the checks.
7. Rents are due and payable on the last day of the month. A late charge of $20 will be imposed on all rents not received by the tenth (10th) day of the month. HSE reserves the right to deduct the late fee from the vendor’s next month payout if the late charge is not paid with the late rent payment. In case of vendor default, merchandise sales from the vendor’s booth(s) will continue to accrue until sufficient sums to cover unpaid rents and fees is reached and shall be retained by HSE. When back rent and/or fees is owed to HSE the vendor is not allowed to remove any of their merchandise or fixtures from the premises until all rents and fees are paid in full. After forty-five (45) consecutive days of non-payment of rents by the vendor, HSE will consider all the vendor’s merchandise and fixtures abandoned and will dispose of it as they please with no payment or compensation whatsoever to the vendor.
8. Either party may terminate the space agreement by providing the other with thirty (30) days prior written notice of intent to terminate.
9. HSE reserves the right to end this agreement immediately on demand or not renew it at their own discretion or should the vendor not adhere to the terms of the space agreement.
1. No counterfeit, bootleg, or “knock-off” items allowed. All reproductions must be plainly labeled as such. All merchandise is to be “booth” ready. “Ready” is defined as items that are clean and visually attractive. All primitives should be clean and free of wood boring insects.
2. Any item that has a defect that would affect its value must be noted on the tag description. Either a specific description of the defect should be provided, or the item should be marked “as is.” Mechanical or electrical items that do not operate properly must be so noted. Modifications or alterations to furniture or other items should be noted on the tag description (the back of the tag may be used).
3. Drug paraphernalia (i.e. water pipes, bongs, rolling papers, etc.), items containing alcohol, items containing flammable liquids, tobacco products, firearms (including BB guns-ask first), ammunition, fireworks or explosives, large gas/electric powered appliances (stoves, washers, dryers), prescription drugs, pornographic materials, living animals(allowed outside only) or human body parts are NOT allowed. Taxidermy related items such as mounted animal heads, horns, or skins, turtle shells, etc. will be accepted on a case-by-case basis—Please check with the Texas Department of Conservation for the legality of selling the items you have. Any fines levied for selling improper goods are the responsibility of the vendor in question and HSE will not be held accountable. Open blade knives must be displayed in a locked case. To avoid customers cutting themselves.
4. Fixtures or items used to display merchandise only may be tagged “NFS” (not for sale) unless they too are for sale.
5. Vendors are allowed to have sales for their items. Just let the front desk know if you will be having a sale. We need a minimum of 2 days’ notice in advance of a sale so that we may enter it into and update our POS system. If you are having a sale on just a few items (rather than a fixed discount on your whole store), it would be best to use a bright colored sale tag to make it stand out. It will draw attention to the item and avoid any potential confusion for customers.
6. Vendors are required to keep their area(s) clean, dusted and stock reworked a minimum of once a month in order to keep their area(s) looking fresh and interesting. Vendors supply their own cleaning supplies. We have a vacuum available for carpet care. By reworking the items in your space merchandise looks new and insures an attractive display.
7. All electric extension cords must be in undamaged condition and must be a 3-wire commercial style – no “lamp cord” type extension cords are allowed. Power strips must have surge protection. If the item is plugged directly in to the wall, then there is no problem. No lit candles are allowed in the Emporium. No nightlights left on 24/7 are allowed.
8. All items MUST have a paper price tag attached (with string) with a clearly written PRINTED price (using the format of: $00.00), your booth #, and a small description of the item. This is for your protection and to help prevent tag switching. Using both sides of the tag is encouraged. Make your tag look unique to discourage tag switching. Maybe use an odd color of ink, bright and contrasting. Put your dealer number on both sides of the tag. NEVER change the price without changing the entire tag. How do we know WHO changed the price at checkout? This is for your protection! A clearly PRINTED tag is essential for you to receive correct credit. Adhesive backed tags are not allowed as HSE employees would have a difficult time removing them from sold merchandise. Exceptions made be made on a case-by-case evaluation. Strung tags are available at the front counter for a nominal fee.
9. Vendors that have locked display cases within their booths must give HSE a key to have on hand to assist customers.
10.All sales are considered FINAL. Returns may be granted to customers in rare instances and will be evaluated on a case by case basis. An explanation will be provided to the vendor in question should a return occur.
11.Vendors are expected to keep their merchandise within the boundaries of their space(s). Please avoid laying out throw rugs (tripping hazard), placing heavy or delicate items on shelves above head-high, and items that have sharp pointed parts should have them covered and protected. When making displays, think “worse case” scenario and do what you can to prevent it. Safety is everyone’s job!
12.Please do not expect HSE employees to demo or work items in your booth(s). Showing customers how to operate your merchandise, counting parts of a game or puzzle to verify completeness, etc. are time consuming tasks and we just don’t have the time to dedicate to those. If the item has numerous parts, please verify that all are there and note it on the sales tag. Also note what pieces/parts may be missing. If operating instructions are needed, print them out on a card and provide the customer with it so that they may verify the items operation prior to purchase.
13.Any seller found to be stealing (either from another seller or from HSE) will forfeit all monies that may be due to them AND any merchandise they may have brought into HSE. Police and/or other legal involvement may also be taken.
14.Vendors are welcome to come in anytime during business hours and set up and/or rework their space. Please do not block any aisles or doorways as you work on your spaces. All items removed from booths must be inspected as they are taken out through a door. We do ask that vendors work at least one day a month in their booth(s).
Security and Breakage
1. For the security and protection of all vendors, a HSE employee must inspect vendor’s boxes, packages, and all items being removed from the Emporium. We have numerous video cameras installed throughout the buildings but unfortunately, theft is a part of the retail business. We will do what we can to protect your items but HSE cannot be responsible for theft of your items.
2. The owners carry building liability insurance in the case of fire and accidents as well as individual insurance on the contents of the building equipment and personal inventory in the case of theft, fire or accidents. Each vendor should carry their own insurance for their protection against theft, fire and damage. Management cannot insure inventory that we do not own. The signed contract acts as a waiver in removing HSE employees HSE ownership from any responsibility. HSE recommends that you have insurance for your fixtures and merchandise on site. HSE has no obligation to nor will provide such coverage. HSE encourages every vendor to obtain sufficient insurance in the event of loss.
HSE reserves the right to remove any item at their discretion or those that they deem do not conform to these guidelines. Each vendor space will be inspected regularly by management. We reserve the right to revise, change and/or adjust revisions/changes to this agreement will be sent to all current vendors via the email address they place on file with us.
Thank you for reading and agreeing to these rules.
Hickory Street Emporium Owner
We love to meet new people, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.
222 East Hickory Street, Paris, Texas 75460, United States